[Assignments] Locked Assignment - Access Code

Problem statement:

When I post assignments for my students, I set the due date, and then I select a "lock" date where late submissions will no longer be accepted. Then, there is typically a student who has a valid reason to submit an assignment past the lock date, and I have to open the assignment up to the entire class. I inevitably have a sneaky student try to submit late work because the assignment is once again open.

Proposed solution:

I propose Canvas create the option for a "lock" access code. This could be similar to the access code used for quizzes. At the bottom of the Assign box, when an Until date is selected, the option for an access code could be created. Blank would mean no access code aka no submissions past that date would be accepted. If I add a code, I could give it to that one student for the one assignment and not open it up to the whole class.

User role(s):

instructor

1 Comment
John2020
Community Explorer
Problem statement:

With our school district allowing so may late submissions, and even for other reasons, I would like to have the option for assignments to have a code like I can set for Quizzes.

Proposed solution:

Have the same feature of setting an access code for Assignments too.

User role(s):

instructor