[Calendar] Assignment Settings Calendar

When specifying the due dates for an assignment, a skip by year, as well as a skip by month function in the calendar would be useful. At my institution, the previous year's Canvas course is copied forward for the upcoming semester. So, all the assignment due dates are set for the previous year and need to be updated to the current year. By having a quick way to skip forward a year, updating the due dates for course assignments would be much more streamlined. This seems like a very easy update in the calendar function of Canvas, by simply adding two additional buttons that skip forward by one year (see attached image).

5 Comments
LAT19D
Community Novice

I agree 100%. A much needed function for updating assignments for the new year. I would use this regularly.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Gregory_Putman
Community Participant

This is a good idea. 

I'd really like to see calendar entries added to the bulk date edit view with assignments and quizzes (add announcements, too, please) so I could have one-stop shopping for setting all availability dates and deadlines for everything in the course after content is copied - and add bulk time of day adjustment along with the dates.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme