[Calendar] Cross Out A Completed Event In Your Own Calendar

As a student, instructors can add assignments to the calendar so that we can see. Once we complete the assignment, the assignment title on the calendar can be crossed out. It would be helpful to have the ability to cross out calendar events that we create, so that we know we completed an assignment that the instructors didn't add themselves. We can delete our own events, but I will forget if I did the assignment or I forgot to add it to the calendar.

Added to Theme

Enable Differentiated Learning at Scale Theme Status: In Development

44 Comments
Maddoxk
Community Member

Yes! This would be so helpful. I've been looking for a way to do it for a week now. (still haven't found a way ☹️)

AlyssaVillemair
Community Member

I totally agree with this. I think it would be a great addition to Canvas. As a student, It would be so nice to have all of my work AND agenda in one place. I'm really hoping they add this feature.

TechGuy42
Community Member

Unsure if this would help or it should be its own topic but perhaps if assignments appeared in our calendar with the entire assignment period?

For example, all assignments would reflect the unlocked time as the start time of the event, and the assignment deadline (when it becomes locked) as the end time for the event.

This would allow us to see when assignments are available so we can start working on them, as well as the deadline it's due. This would also allow us to see on a daily basis what assignments are currently due. Then the calendar can allow us to mark events as completed

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme