[Conferences] Auto "Add to Calendar" in Conferences/BBB

Problem statement:

*Every Time* I want to create a synchronized/online conference and put it on the student's' schedule, I have to create the whole thing? That's 30 times in a 2x a week A15 class.

Proposed solution:

Add option to automatically add one or all scheduled class sessions for hybrid/synchronous classes. Requesting all days and scheduled times be automatically populated, as this info is in the system. Also, why no 15 min divisions when many classes are scheduled that way? I'd suggest that it's really lazy and poor UI when every time I schedule a conference, the pull down starts at midnight-2am for the start time, and after that's in, the end time does the same thing? Date and time should autofill, or have option box for that. Why: I've gotten the recommendation from both admin and Canvas techs that adding conferences to all enrolled students "is how we do it these days" and will help attendance. If best practices says we should do things this way, I'd appreciate if Canvas support can help us do it. This is 3 of 3 suggestions. Thank you. Prof Kaplan

User role(s):

instructor

Added to Theme

1 Comment
SamGarza1
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Added to Theme