[Course Import/Export] Bulk Date Management

Problem statement:

There is no easy way to bulk-edit all dates in a course after import. This feature currently only exists for graded activities. Dates on any non-graded items (pages, files, announcements, etc.) must be edited individually. This is problematic and extremely time-consuming if content is rearranged or dates don't align exactly with an imported course.

Proposed solution:

Implement a robust date management tool that allows users to review and bulk-edit all dated components of a course in a single place. This feature would save instructors time and help prevent date errors if a non-graded item is overlooked when adjusting course content. • Announcements • Assignments • Quizzes (including result availability dates if implemented in New Quizzes) • Discussions • Calendar Events • Pages (publish and student to-do dates) • Files The tool should allow sorting and filtering options and include negative date shift capabilities. It may also be beneficial to include the ability to export and import from a spreadsheet.

User role(s):

instructor,designer

Added to Theme

2 Comments
AllisonHowell
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Added to Theme

NMcMeans
Community Member
Author

Thank you for reviewing and adding the suggestion to a theme. To clarify, this request is for a date management tool that allows bulk editing of non-graded course components after course copying/importing is completed, similar to the "Edit Assignment Dates" option. The theme selected may still be the most applicable to the request but I wanted to mention it in case my original submission was worded poorly. I would be very excited to have a better date management tool within courses 🙂