[Discussions] Increase font size for replies in discussion redesign

Problem statement:

In the Discussion Redesign that will be enforced on July 20th, I have noticed that secondary replies appear in a smaller font than top level replies. I am concerned that the smaller font will make it more difficult to read, even for those with good vision. Since the thread manifests itself with secondary and tertiary replies that are easily identifiable, the reduction in font size seems to me unnecessary (and not desired). I would attach an example if I could, but I don't seem to be able to in this submission.

Proposed solution:

Keep the font size the same. (or enable the instructor to adjust the font size).

User role(s):

instructor,student,ta,designer,observer

2 Comments
GGummess
Community Participant
Author

Here is a visual from a discussion that shows the smaller font.  discussionFont.png

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Will Not Consider

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback as an Idea in the Community!

For consistency, the Community Team asks all comments, questions, and requests related to the Discussion Redesign to be directed to the Discussions/Announcements Redesign Group. Other early adopters share their experiences, and Instructure Product Managers actively monitor that space. I hope you can connect and collaborate with others in that User Group. This thread has been moved to our Will Not Consider status to streamline our Ideas space and prevent duplicate conversations.