[Discussions] Multiple Due Dates (checkpoints) for Discussions

Idea is currently in development

With the way that many schools set up forum discussions and require "check-ins" to the forum throughout the week, it would be great if we could include multiple due dates in the discussion activities. For instance, I have classes that require everyone respond to the prompt by Thursday night and respond to at least 2 peers by the following Sunday. Being able to remind students that they have responses due, especially if we could scatter responses over multiple days, would likely increase participation.
445 Comments
lshulman
Community Participant

I read somewhere here that these "Checkpoints" are now/ recently active (or will be soon)? Where can I find information on how to use this new feature or verify if/when it will become active?

Thanks

CoreyMcLaughlin
Community Participant

How was this voted on 7 years ago with no action taken since? Just about everyone who uses Discussion forums wants multiple due date capability! What's the hold out here? THEORY - This is a problem with Apps and LTI & Canvas since if something exists and is partnered with Canvas then Canvas has no motivation to improve that particular area. e.g. Harmonize does this within Canvas as a paid service so why would Canvas improve their discussion posts? Does Canvas sign a non-compete with partners I wonder? idk. Just a theory. 

cadman_shane
Community Explorer

Any updates?? Is anybody from the company reading this?? Some sort of response would be much appreciated!!

jlhummel
Community Member

This has been a request since 2015 and it still hasn't been addressed!?!?!  This is a basic feature that is needed.  So many would benefit this.  Can we please finally get this feature?

bvanbuskirk
Community Member

I agree that this feature would be extremely helpful.

Choachy
Community Explorer

+1 on this is a necessary feature, and should have been implemented long ago.

mshepcsuchico
Community Explorer

Is it really 7 years since this was requested? 

JK16
Community Member

Canvas, what gives? Would you please offer some communication to us? People have been asking for this feature for at least 7 years. We still need & want it!

Thank you.

jlmoss
Community Explorer

+1 to this idea. Many of our faculty would like to see multiple due dates and/or multiple submission notifications for discussions so replies can be easily graded as well as posts. 

bvanbuskirk
Community Member

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN 😀