[Gradebook] Allow Faculty Color Code the Gradebook based on certain rules/criteria

Please add a feature to the Gradebook where users/faculty can color code the gradebook based on criteria that they set (rules). Yes you have the new analytics tool but this would be very helpful to have in the gradebook as well.  Students at risk can be easily identified as soon as you click on the grades area.

For example, I can create a rule with the following criteria:

Color code students with average below 69 in red

Color code students with average below XX on a particular assignment in color....

Color code  students with average above XX on a particular assignment in color....

This way students can be sorted by certain criteria for easy interventions by emailing them all at once from the gradebook -- as of now I have not found a way to e-mail multiple students at once from the gradebook. Please help.

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Hi @wsaleh - Thanks for sharing your idea!

With any request that includes color-coding, accessibility all users needs to be noted. I'm sure there are ways to ensure that an automatic filter for grade ranges can be helpful for everyone.

vtabb
Community Member

Great idea!  I would love to be able to define my own statuses and color codes to the gradebook.  I want to be able to color code resubmissions, corrections, etc.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme