[Gradebook] Final points calculation should include hidden assignment grades

Problem statement:

I am frustrated by the fact that the "Final Points" calculation in the Canvas Gradebook does not include scores from assignments that are currently hidden. I would like to be able to download the gradebook and have the final points to be updated with all entries in the gradebook even if they are hidden from student view. That would give me the opportunity to, say, peform statistical analyses with all of the available points from graded/scored assignments before releasing scores to the class. Student do not see these "Final Points" entries anyway. Why the hidden scores appear in the "Current Score" but not in "Current" or "Final Points" makes no sense.

Proposed solution:

The points from hidden assignments should be included in the "Final" points category and should be treated the same as the "Score" categories. Instructors should be able to have access to all of the graded assignment scores in the Gradebook, even if the scores are hidden to students, so that they can perform inital grade assignments and perform statistical analyses prior to releasing scores to students.

User role(s):

admin,instructor

Added to Theme

3 Comments
SamGarza1
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

SamGarza1
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Added to Theme

may027
Community Participant
Author

I am unclear on this "theme" concept. The link above does not open anything specific to this suggestion. I tried filtered by "added to theme" and "gradebook" and there was nothing. Can the link be direct to the specific suggestion/theme?

Thanks.