[Gradebook] Increased Filtering for the Gradebook on the Student Side

We would like you to consider adding increased filtering to the student side of the gradebook so that you can filter by missing, late, excused, etc.  As the year proceeds further and the gradebook list grows, it would benefit students to be able to quickly filter to be able to see if an assignment or quiz is late or missing without having to scroll through all assignments.

8 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@wagnerpj63 

Thanks for sharing these ideas. The request for additional Grades filters for students would need to be evaluated separately from a request to implement these filters for an observer. Would you please edit this idea to change "both students and observers" to "students" and then share a separate idea requesting this capability for the observer role? We'll keep the idea in Moderating status in the meantime.

wagnerpj63
Community Explorer

@Stef_retired How do I edit my initial comment, or do I just make an adjustment in a new comment?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@wagnerpj63 You should be able to click on the three vertical dots ("skinny snowman") at the right and select Edit Idea from the dropdown that displays.

wagnerpj63
Community Explorer

OK @Stef_retired it is updated. Sorry...I was looking next to the text and not going up to the top-right.  My mistake.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@wagnerpj63 Thanks, and no worries: that menu is all too easy to miss! We've moved the now-edited idea forward for broader discussion.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme