[Gradebook] "Unusually High" or Excessive Points Alert - make this alert persist

Problem statement:

Alert disappears after a while instead of being persistent when unusually high points are awarded during grading in speedgrader and course gradebook. Feature https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Releases/Canvas-Production-Release-Notes-2016-09-17/ta-p/2... .

Proposed solution:

Make it persist in Gradebook and in Speedgrader, similar to how the red hidden text appears below student name if grades are hidden still.

User role(s):

admin

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @tslee -

What problem does the shorter alert create for instructors? How do you feel your colleagues would benefit from a longer (or persistent) alert?

tslee
Community Participant
Author
More that the notification alert placement can be easily missed while grading again. Here is how to faculty reported the trouble to me...-I agree that it should persist like it does with Grade book

-why is the note top center in both cases.

-the note should be near where you are working. The color schema makes it so easy to miss.

That affects both grade book and speedgrader. If you are looking bottom right (like i was in grade book, so easy to miss the note."

AllisonHowell
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Added to Theme

While this idea is related to the Gradebook, it's consistent with what we've been hearing related to the Improved UI Controls and Usability - Added or clearer alerts and confirmations and notifications theme. I'm adding there for further consideration.