Make Attendance Visible to Students

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

I would like for the attendance to be visible to the students in their grades. If students are being graded on attendance, I believe it is important that we as instructors are able to effectively communicate this to the students.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2016-09-17)

This feature release has been delayed and will not be available in production on September 17. An updated release date will be made available soon.

47 Comments
arrington_stoll
Community Novice

Where is the information on how this works? I can't find it anywhere and my students keep asking about their attendance.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@arrington_stoll ‌, please give your students these instructions: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10697-4212643081 

agonzalez7229
Community Novice

These posts are from years ago, and there is still no way for students to check their attendance on canvas! Why?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@agonzalez7229 , How do I view my Roll Call Attendance report as a student? explains the process students would use to check their attendance. The blue section of the lesson explains that this ability depends on how the instructor has set up Roll Call in the course. If you are not able to see your attendance record in your Canvas course, please contact the instructor for additional guidance.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed