[New Quizzes] Crossing out answer choices in quizzes

Problem statement:

When I am taking a canvas quiz, I sometimes get confused at the answer choices. For example, in a multiple choice question, option a is crossed out and so on.

Proposed solution:

In a multiple-choice question, I'd like to be able to cross out a possible answer. This function that I am trying to describe can be found in the Eduphoria application where there is a cross-out option for each answer choice. This function limits confusion and gives the person taking the test or quiz more focus on certain answer choices.

User role(s):

student

Added to Theme

Build dynamic question types Theme Status: Identified

5 Comments
MPioRoda
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Added to Theme

MPioRoda
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Added to Theme

TMTyson
Community Member
Problem statement:

Would love for students to have the option to eliminate, hide, or "cross out" answer choices they do not want. For instance, if a student has 4 answer choices, they may narrow it down to do but "crossing out" what they know it is not. Many testing programs utilize this tool.

Proposed solution:

Having the option to use an "answer eliminator" as a tool. This is the same tool students will have access to on their state testing at the end of the school year.

User role(s):

instructor

RhoniciaWalter1
Community Member
Problem statement:

Students often make mistakes in selecting their preferred answer option, as they mentally try to keep track of the answers that should be eliminated.

Proposed solution:

It would be great to have annotation capabilities like highlighting and/or striking out, as it would be a helpful feature for students when taking Summative Quiz to easily eliminate the incorrect answers. The students are familiar with this feature when taking their high-stakes exams during the semester which helps significantly in deciding their answer options and would love to practice more if it is a feature within the LMS.

User role(s):

admin

RhoniciaWalter1
Community Member

There is a similar feature built into Assignments. It would be great if this becomes a feature in New Quizzes too.