New Quizzes: Dashboard To Do

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

As with the original quizzes on canvas, when a student submits a New Quizzes (Quizzes.Next) assessment and there are items that need to be reviewed it should show up on our teacher dashboard in our To Do list so we know to submissions have been made so we can more easily access them in speedgrader to grade.

253 Comments
tgilvarry
Community Novice

Having New Quizzes show up in full functionality in Canvas, including appearing in to-do lists, is critical to my ability as an educator to effectively teach my students.

wayne_bass
Community Member

This must be fixed ASAP. What an oversight! 

When students submit a New Quiz that has items (such as essay/short answer) that I need to grade, Canvas is not in any way indicating to me that those need my attention. Not in the TO DO, not in the Gradebook, not in Speedgrader. 

erynhatch
Community Member

I completely agree that this is needed.  As a teacher of 100s of students, this small change would make a world of difference in the time and effort it takes to get grading done.  

jessgri
Community Explorer

Yeah, wow, this is completely bonkers. I don't remember this being the case last spring--I definitely used New Quizzes for two quizzes and a final. 

wayne_bass
Community Member

I just have to say again how crazy this is. Assignments that only have items that I have to grade are going straight into the gradebook as zeros and students are freaking out. I keep having to explain to them what's happening. It's taking me longer to get to them than it normally would because I have depended so heavily on that TO DO list. 

Please fix this!

karvidson
Community Member

In new quizzes, I would like if there are open-ended questions or questions that need moderation in general, that these quizzes appear in our speed graders and on our class dashboard “to do” list

GingerBeardMath
Community Member

This is a key feature to teaching. Even with new quizzes not showing up in the to-do list if you go to the speed grader under the grades tab it will not sort the quizzes by who needs something graded. This is something that definitely needs to be fixed before we are only allowed to use new quizzes. 

amanda_truman
Community Member

I agree with all of the previous comments. This desperately needs to be added. 

zoeyh
Community Member

Yes! This would be the best feature! Do this!! 

steve97504
Community Novice

Yes, please!