[New Quizzes] Download New Quizzes Submissions

It would be helpful for instructors to be able to download all quiz submissions. For example, if an instructor wants students to use the Respondus LockDown Browser for a quiz that has a few essay type questions, then wants to be able to download the finished quizzes afterwards to run the submissions through a similarity check to ensure that no student essay answer is the same.

Currently instructors can only download files that were uploaded via the upload file question type. 

It would be helpful if they could download the quiz submissions regardless of question types.

Added to Theme

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

JoelGetz
Community Novice

This would make quizzes easier to download from the instructor and save time on development.

c_rowat
Community Member

It seems ridiculous that this is not available: Canvas will store all files associated with a quiz in such a way that they're marked as such (e.g. in a single subdirectory).  Thus, Canvas knows what they are, so it would seem trivial to allow me to access them.

As it stands, I see Canvas as broken, requiring that I manually download over 1,000 attachments to mark an exam.  If I have to do this, it will rank as one of the biggest wastes of time I've come across in two decades in academia.

seharpe
Community Member

Agree 100%. This should be a basic feature.

ROBERTJAKCSY
Community Member

I would like to be able to build a report that includes all student responses to a specific question.  This would allow trend analysis on specific essay questions.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme