[New Quizzes] Dynamic Quizzes

Problem statement:

There is currently no functionality in either quiz engine to create dynamic quizzes that adjust (during the quiz) based on student performance. An example of how this could be used is to create math placement exams (to avoid having exams that are much too easy for some, and much too difficult for others).

Proposed solution:

I don't think this needs to be a complicated AI-solution, I think the best way to do it would be to allow instructors to use display logic in their quizzes. For example, if a student scores less than 6 out of 10 on section A, they go on to section to B. If they score more than 6, they go on to section C

User role(s):

admin,instructor,student

Added to Theme

Expand options for quiz formats Theme Status: Identified

7 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

tsat1462jcsnorg
Community Member

Hello Kristen can you show me around I am a new member and I need help with Canvas. @KristinL 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @tsat1462jcsnorg - The best place to start with the Community is to read our blog - Welcome New Members and explore the various areas shared in it. If you have questions about Canvas the Canvas Question Forum would be an excellent place to ask questions. Community members and Instructure employees help answer the threads collaboratively!

tsat1462jcsnorg
Community Member

Thanks! 

mzkm
Community Participant

I agree, especially as we don’t use Mastery Paths as it would cause issues with syncing to our SIS.

A simple solution would be what is possible in Google Forms, if a student gets a question correct, advance them to question #X if they get the question wrong, advance them to question #Y.

Though Google Forms does become a bit tricky in double checking all of your progressions, and if you make an addition in the middle, you have to redo most of your progressions. Having an actual flowchart to see all the branches of paths would be awesome, but obviously more complex to code.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme