[New Quizzes] Enhancement of quiz reporting: sort attempts by amount of time spent

Feature Idea: Pull how long each student took on their quiz attempt in a list, either via the student analysis report or by some other means (e.g. New Analytics).

Reasoning: Getting assessments developed the right way in a course is often an iterative process, the more reporting that can be pulled on any given assessment does nothing but help an instructor better develop it for future semesters. The ability to pull a list of how long students are taking on quiz attempts (and being able to sort this list) would give an instructor a key metric when evaluating whether they are giving their students the right amount of time to take on an exam, or even if the material presented in the assessment is too difficult. As is particularly the case with larger course sites, drilling down to each individual student isn't a good use of time and the "average time spent" provided in the quiz statistics isn't specific enough to be helpful. 

Added to Theme

6 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

hsudano
Community Novice

This would be very helpful! A report of the time spent on a quiz used in conjunction with a grade report (downloaded from the Canvas gradebook) can provide helpful information not only about the quiz but also about student testing behavior. I noticed some very low quiz scores on a recent assessment. When I looked into the details and saw how little time some students spent on the quiz, it made me realize that lack of effort was part of the issue. It would be great to be able to do this type of analysis without looking at every individual student (especially in a class of several hundred students). 

amy_koger
Community Explorer

Great suggestion.  Canvas Team, please work on this for us.

elisat
Community Participant

In addition to having the time spent, it would also be really helpful to know if the student manually submitted the quiz or ran out of time and the quiz was auto-submitted.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme