[New Quizzes] Video Speed Option/Lock

Problem statement:

Videos posted in quizzes whether recorded or uploaded have the option to slow down or speed up the video. I teach a language course and I would like the option of locking the video speed, especially for quizzes. There is a video options button and side panel, but there is no option for locking video/audio speed.

Proposed solution:

There is a video options button and side panel - add a toggle button for lock video/audio speed.

User role(s):

instructor

Added to Theme

4 Comments
AkosFarago
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

Hi @bentont!

Thank you for the idea!

Could you please share more about the need? How does this help you or the students in their learning? Why would this be especially important for quiz embedded videos?

Thank you,

Akos 

AkosFarago
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Added to Theme

As locking video playback speed came up with regards to other cases as well besides quizzing, I added them to an existing Studio Theme.

bentont
Community Explorer
Author

Hi.  I teach a sign language course.  Locking the video speed would allow me to give assessments through the quiz feature.   As it is now, students can slow down the videos (which is fine for practicing, but not for an assessment) when they take quizzes and exams.  Locking the speed would allow the exam to give a realistic assessment of their comprehension skills.

AkosFarago
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Added to Theme

Hi @bentont,

The extra context is really appreciated. I added this Community Idea to the quiz improvements and we will look into the possibilities as we are investing into quizzing with Studio in the following quarters. 

Best,

Akos