Printable / PDF-exportable quizzes

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas
The Quiz Build page provides quiz printing options. For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-08-21).

As an instructor, I want to be able to export a Canvas quiz as a PDF. This would enable me to easily print quizzes for the purpose of accommodation, for allowing a given student to take a quiz outside the timeframe established for the quiz for all other students, etc.

transferred from the old Community

Originally posted by: Pacific Union College admins

Special thanks for contributions from: Betsy Walker, John Louviere

Community Team Note: This idea remains open for voting. A virtually identical idea was moved forward for consideration in March: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/7285-exporting-quizzes-into-word-or-pdf-documents  Contrary to our customary practice, we are allowing both ideas to continue to move forward. Votes and feedback from both ideas will be evaluated.

341 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
  Idea is currently in Product Radar Learn more about this stage...

gschultz
Community Contributor

Not sure if this was mentioned, but this would be also be helpful for accreditation purposes. in place of doing screen printing.  I also like for the fact of being able to help students that might have difficulty in computer usage due to physical aliments permanent or temporary.  It would be much easy than recreating a test to help them.

ewrye
Community Novice

It would be great to be able to not only print a blank quiz, but for a student or teacher to have the ability to export/print a quiz they had taken that shows all questions and the student's answers.  There are many use-cases for such a feature.

angelah_meekey
Community Member

At our school, students get their device taken away for improper use and we need to be able to print assessments when they do not have a device on test day.  Believe me you don't want that kid to just sit and watch everyone else take their test.

wrewitz
Community Novice

At ISTE last week, I spoke with a Canvas rep about this issue. They let me

know about an LTI that exists that allows a Canvas Quiz to be printed and

answer sheets that can also be printed.

The LTI is

Paperscorer - http://www.paperscorer.com/canvas-help.html

I hope this helps. I'm trying to get my district to activate it for us now.

William Rewitz

Graham-Kapowsin High School

Science

253-683-6155

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." ~

Albert Einstein

On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 7:24 PM, angelah.meekey@cms.k12.nc.us <

carriewsanguine
Community Explorer

Awesome! Thank you, William, for the info! Smiley Happy

Gina_Hutchens
Community Participant

Just downloaded and added to Canvas...I'll let you know.

Thanks

thompsli
Community Champion

Over 500 votes and two years later...I really wish we had this going in some form by now. The lack of the ability to print quizzes in a usable way impacts my workflow regularly and wastes hours of my time each month.

Is there any kind of eta on this at all?

aleverton
Community Participant

@kona ‌ Can you help us get an answer on this? It's been three years in the works and they keep telling us "it's coming". I don't believe them anymore!

TeachMoore
Community Explorer

I'm with Audra White; what's the hold up on this? Would have been a great help to teachers and students affected by the recent natural disasters.