Quizzes - New and Classic - questions in and out - import / export / copy / move / organize

Problem statement:

1. When I create a question in a quiz, I should be able to export any or all questions from a quiz to a bank. That is NOT possible and it should be. This was requested in 2017 and has been archived, but not yet resolved. Perhaps a solution could be to have a button on a quiz which would (in one click) add all questions from that quiz to a new (or exisiting) item or question bank. Then if you need a new item bank for the quiz you just made, you can have it quickly. 2. Alternately allow Respondus to download the quiz questions from Canvas (either from a bank or the quiz) for further editing / re-use. 3. Please make available a way to CREATE a quiz from a question or item bank - directly. By selecting several or selected questions from a bank then clicking a button to "create quiz". 4. Create a grouping (more file manager like) options in question / item banks. Moving, grouping, editing, headers, whatever. The question / item banks are so static and non-helpful.

Proposed solution:

Solutions indicated above. More ways to transfer questions from one place to another, by selecting questions would be very helpful. To save time. I have thousands of questions across over 50 courses and I want to quickly find the right question from the right place to incorporate it into a quiz. In addition, I want to export and transport questions easily from bank to quiz, from quiz to bank. Why can't I select questions from a quiz and put them directly into a bank? Why can't I export either a quiz or a bank to a text file, word document, or excel spreadsheet? Why can't I organize and sub-divide a bank to make it more meaningful?

User role(s):

admin,instructor

1 Comment
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Will Not Consider

Hi @jwalz -

Thank you for taking the time to share these ideas with the Community. While I feel that this thread is well-organized, it contains multiple requests. This makes it challenging for the Product Team to align the thread to a Theme. Because of that, this thread is being moved to the Will Not Consider status. However, if you separate the ideas into individual threads, they will be all reconsidered. 

What are the guidelines for submitting a new idea? 

As you create ideas, also double-check that your idea does not already exist. That helps the process as well! https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Ideas/idb-p/canvas-ideas