[Rich Content Editor] Paste Images into Canvas

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

I want the ability to paste images directly into Canvas from the clipboard. An example: I want to use Windows Snipping tool (or any other screenshot tool) to create an image. I then want to CTL-C to copy it and CTL-V to paste it into a quiz or assignment or content page in Canvas. Another example would be Copy-Pasting from a Word document into Canvas. This site is able to do it! I just did it below! Let's get this implemented in Canvas!

117878_pastedImage_1.png117878_pastedImage_1.png

Added to Theme

112 Comments
S-Looc
Community Novice

please

DavidSchlater
Community Participant

pretty please

LouisWoodhams
Community Member

The end of Summer is coming. This would be a great feature to have for Fall.

This is a must have. Without this I may need to do what the instructors in computer science do at my university, which is to simply use Canvas as a way to link to web sites hosted on another service.

MarkEisenhardt
Community Member

I am not sure why this feature has not been implemented after being alive for 7 years. Students can already record video and post it to an assignment, with all the overhead and file size issues that goes with it. It would be great for the students to be able to take a screenshot of their completed work and paste it into the assignment as evidence of completion. For some subjects (e.g. Computer Science/Art) a screenshot of a working product is a quick and easy way for the students to demonstrate they have completed the work. Perhaps this can simply be added as an option to the Insert Image menu selection in the online text submission.

jlmoss
Community Explorer

This just came up for someone at our university today - they get a "Too_Long" error when they copy/paste an image into their text editor. Please implement this simple feature! 

bogdanov
Community Novice

The absence of this simple ubiquitous feature slows down the work significantly, both for the instructors and students. I will be advocating for a change of software at my institution.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: On Beta
Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Deploy Notes (2022-12-07).

DavidSchlater
Community Participant

I was unable to get this feature to work on Beta. When is expected there, and then on production?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed

For more information, please read through the Canvas Deploy Notes (2022-12-20) 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: On Beta

The release of this feature has been delayed. For more information, please read through the Canvas Deploy Notes (2022-12-20)