[Rubrics] Copy saved free-form rubric comments between course sections

Problem statement:

I frequently teach different sections of the same courses, both simultaneously within the same term, and also across different terms. With so many students moving through these courses, there ends up being a lot of repetition in my free-form rubric feedback as I deal with different common errors/issues in student work. I love the "save comment" feature in the free-form rubric -- it saves me tons of time to be able to simply choose the appropriate bit of feedback from a drop-down menu of my comments to previous students' work. It is a real bummer to finish one course section, jump to the next, then have to start all over again in building that resourceful drop-down menu of common comments. Even better if I could access them in future sections and NOT have to reinvent the wheel when the issues are no longer fresh in my mind.

Proposed solution:

It would be lovely if there was a way to share saved free-form rubric comments when the same rubrics are used across multiple "sections" of the same basic Canvas course.

User role(s):

instructor,designer

Added to Theme

Improved rubric creation and usability Theme Status: In Development

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team