[SIS] Notifications for Admin when SIS Integration Fails

Problem statement:

Our main SIS integration failed for almost two weeks before being noticed as we had a new student register that could not login to Canvas and we realized that the sync was not working. With being responsible for many different programs, logging in to each one every day to check for failures is not the best use of time. From my understanding (as told by Canvas support), there is currently no way for Admin users to get an email notification of a failed SIS sync.

Proposed solution:

We should be able to get email notifications saying that the sync failed or even just a daily notification with the status of the sync (whether successful or failed). This would save Admin users time to not have to go into Canvas every day to check that the syncs are working (meaning students are enrolled in Canvas as well as in their appropriate classes within Canvas).

User role(s):

admin

Added to Theme

1 Comment
jpoulos
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Added to Theme

Improve engagement and awareness by adding new notifications

Thanks for your submission! Based on what's being asked here, I've identified a theme that I think this would fit well with. It's called Improve engagement and awareness by adding new notifications . I've associated this idea to the theme.