[SpeedGrader] Grade discussion posts and attachments with DocViewer

All discussion posts and attachments (MS Word, PPT, PDF files, etc.) should be displayed in SpeedGrader like an assignment so that teachers can use mark-up tools to add comments to those posts and attachments using Crocodoc DocViewer.

Background: In some of our courses, we use discussion forums in two ways (in addition to regular discussions among students):

1. Research activities: In which students submit substantial posts that require the observance of the APA Manual formatting guidelines.
  2. Peer review/instructor preview activities: In which students attach their research assignments for review by their peers and instructors for feedback before final submission.

This feature would be useful for commenting discussion posts and discussion attachments like one would grade an assignment using Crocodoc DocViewer. The ability to add comments to those posts and files would make the LMS more useful.

Added to Theme

35 Comments
amd30
Community Member

Hi - I am still looking for ways to annotate spelling & grammar problems in the discussion posts.  I see others want to do the same thing but I don't see any resolution!!!  Please advise if I am missing it!  Thanks!

Theresa11
Community Member

To facilitate grading, I'm requesting that the Canvas staff add the markup toolbar to SpeedGrader for Discussion Board assignments. The markup toolbar is in SpeedGrader for Assignment submissions already. Thank you!

tfelter
Community Member

Almost 5 years later and this still has not become a feature?  Come on, Canvas developers, give us the tools we need to provide feedback to our students!

lettgo583
Community Participant

Yes, please include this! I'm not seeing it in the Discussion Redesign currently being worked on. But maybe I missed it? 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme