[Speedgrader] Auto-fill Speed Grader Comments Within the Student Submission

Problem statement:

With Google Classroom, I was able to bank comments that would auto-fill when I typed comments into the comment bubbles just outside the margins of my students' essays. For example, I would start typing "apost," and my banked comment about how to use apostrophes and a web link for learning more would appear next to the word I highlighted in the document. This not only sped up my grading but also individualized my students' instruction so that they could spend time learning what they didn't know, rather than sitting through grammar and writing lessons they had already mastered.

Proposed solution:

In Speed Grader, allow users to bank comments that will auto-fill into the comment bubbles just outside the margins of our students' submissions so that comments create a student-teacher relationship focused on mentoring more than assessment. Or, as an organization, create auto-fill canned comments that provide learning opportunities in grammar and writing. I am happy to collaborate with Canvas to create canned comments that have links to pages that provide instruction and practice.

User role(s):

instructor

Added to Theme

1 Comment
SamGarza1
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Added to Theme