[Speedgrader] Mark incorrect answers red (at top)

At the top of Speedgrader, it's easy to see what answers have not yet been corrected. However, if a student wants to see what he or she got WRONG, it's a slow scroll down the page, especially if they got only a couple wrong on of a large test.

I am suggesting that at the top of the page, you add a visual aid: red boxes (perhaps with an X through it) for questions that are incorrect. This would also be helpful if we wanted to give partial credit for something which may have been marked incorrect.

128005_Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 8.21.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-10 at 8.21.19 PM.png

Added to Theme

46 Comments
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

That's awesome!!

Beth_Young
Community Contributor

I'm using this again tonight. It makes SUCH a HUGE difference. I am getting kind of emotional about how helpful it is! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!  Seriously, this script is an ENORMOUS help.

Beth_Young
Community Contributor

@James ​ I know I keep saying this, but the script that you wrote to highlight incorrect answers is such a HUGE help. I am using it right now, and with each submission I review, I am reminded of how much time your script is saving me. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I hope Canvas can incorporate something like this into the software for everyone someday.

James
Community Champion

You're welcome,  @Beth_Young ​

If you haven't already done so, you should check out QuizWiz: Enhancements to SpeedGrader and Quizzes

It adds a bunch of other features like submit and advance, putting the points at the bottom of the question so you don't have to scroll back up to the top after reading the essay to score it, and automatically entering 0 for unanswered essays.

Beth_Young
Community Contributor

Ooh, haven't seen it yet. I'm going to check it out. Thanks!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea is one of the lucky ones that was selected to get a little more time for voting as part of our evolution of the feature idea process.   It was selected because of it's vote count and/or comment thread.  

*Selection criteria: Most (not all) ideas that received 70+ votes in their initial voting round.

hsosa78405
Community Novice

@cwendt ‌ This is a great idea. Scrolling can be frustrating with length.

tbloch
Community Novice

I think this would speed up the process in grading.

tammyg_hendersh
Community Novice

I like this addition.  It would make it easier for both student & teacher to see the incorrect answers.  It would allow both to then create a remediation for the missed question.  It would save a lot of time! 

don_bryn
Community Champion

Hey, if this script is working,  can we expect some sort of similar functionality on the next Canvas update?