[Student Grades] Assignment "Rules" identification in students' Grades and instructor Gradebook

Problem statement:

Several iterations of CANVAS ago, when you applied drops to assignments as a "Rule" set-up, when students would view their final grades they would see a little "X" next to the assignment that let them know it was one of the lower assignments that had been dropped. Now the only way they can tell if an assignment has been dropped from calculating into their total earned points is if they hover their cursor over the assignment name itself. There should be some shading of the row or the X should be returned. I tried to find some idea of this in the community threads. Can this be rectified? It's important because once you are finalizing grades for a term, the amount of emails that come in from students asking which assignments have been dropped from their totals is quite heavy. Then I have to post an announcement as to how to read their gradebook details. And I have to go through each students' grades to tell them which have been dropped. It's not quick task if it's a larger course.

Proposed solution:

Shade rows - or bring back the "x" in the gradebook or student grades - to show them and us which scores have been "dropped" from the calculated total based on a Rule that has been set in assignments by the instructor. The X is preferred to indicate a "drop" with a legend somewhere at the top of the grades area for students to know what it means.

User role(s):

admin,instructor,designer