[Studio] Add Rich Content Editor to Studio Quizzes

We are trying to completely eliminate the need for EdPuzzle and just use Studio. Our math teachers are the ones who currently use Edpuzzle on a daily basis, but unfortunately Studio is the least friendly for them to work with. Currently in Studio quizzes, a generic text box is provided for all question stems and answers. Without any way to insert math type, or images of math problems, these teachers are unable to make effective use of Studio Quizzes. 

If it was possible to have the full rich content editor when creating Studio Quizzes, this would increase the flexibility while writing questions. If not the full rich content editor, math quill or something of the sort to enable teachers to effectively write formulas, fractions, and other math equations in a student friendly manner. 

Added to Theme

7 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

kyle_palmer
Community Member

When creating quizzes on videos in Studio, it would be great if the text toolbar also appeared. The same one used everywhere else on Canvas. This would then allow us to add audio files to the questions. Audio files help us eliminate errors due to students not being able to read and comprehend the question. It is especially helpful in Stage 1 and Kindergarten settings. 

GerardoCuneo
Community Novice

Being able to insert questions (multiple choice, true/false, etc.) in videos through Studio is a great way to activate prior knowledge and/or check students' understanding of a topic. 

At the moment Studio does not have an editor menu to insert subscripts / superscripts, which limits the ability of Chemistry and perhaps math teachers to use this great educational tool with students. 

It would be a great improvement if a toolbar with the above mentioned features be included in the editing capabilities of Studio. In chemistry we use chemical formulas and equations.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

AndreasSolders
Community Novice

Many times it would be very helpful to be able to add images (pictures, drawings, equations) to quizzes created in videos with Canvas Studio.

ngonzalinajec93
Community Member

I would love this feature in Canvas Studio. Being able to insert quizzes throughout videos certainly makes it easier to see what students are (and are not) watching the required lecture videos. 

Unfortunately, the Studio quizzes are basically useless for anything but simple arithmetic. For example: How can I ask students to find the inverse of f(x)=(x-1)/(sqrt(x+2))? I mean, I can certainly just type that in but considering how students in math courses are just struggling to learn the material at times, having them learn to read math typed like that (as well as the normal class content) seems a bit much. 

Please add math type to the Rich Text Editor. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme