[Studio] Open-ended Questions for video quizzes

I enjoy the fact that canvas is making their own video quiz option. However, I have been unable to take advantage of it because there is no open-ended question option. I like to have my students answer one or two open-ended questions during videos to ensure their understanding and to push them to think deeper about the information they are being given. It can also be a great way to check-in on a students thinking during a pre-recorded video lecture to ensure information is getting across correctly. 

By adding this feature we are expanding our students ability to interact with content in a meaningful way.

This type of question is available through other sites such as edpuzzle. I do use it there. But I would prefer to be able to do this through canvas since I already record some of my lectures and tutorials through its studio system. 

Added to Theme

27 Comments
Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

This is huge.  Feedback from teachers:

EdPuzzle over Studio:

• more question types (currently Studio only has T/F or Multiple choice)

• free response answers; students can respond with audio (very helpful for accessibility)

tyler_witman
Community Participant

I'd love to see more question types in general for Studio including any and all of the ones available in New Quizzes. It'd be great to see more parity here across Instructure platforms 

katherine_leon
Community Explorer

I echo @tyler_witman  above. Would love to see the question types in New Quizzes to be available in Canvas Studio. 

kona
Community Champion

Having this type of quiz question would be amazing for our faculty and provide a lot more options in terms of being able to fully use the quizzing feature in Studio.

JodiWilson
Community Explorer

Yes, please!  In general, the video quizzes need to be robust - essay answers, short answers, etc. -- all the things we can do in a quiz.  (And thank you to others for the workaround suggestions.)  I've used EdPuzzle in the past, but having the integrated option is so much better . . . if only it weren't so limited.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme