Syllabus Edit/View Access in Teacher App

The Teacher App does not allow you to access the syllabus for your courses. Since many of us have moved to tablets or our mobile devices for planning, it would be nice to have access to edit/view our course syllabus in the mobile application.

I called mobile support today to confirm that this was not a feature already offered that I just couldn't find. The gentleman I spoke with was incredibly helpful and let me know that this feature was not available in the Teacher version of the app. He offered me a work-around (pasting my syllabus into the home page section), but that causes there to be two copies of the syllabus that aren't linked - so any changes made to one would have to be made to the other manually. It's a quick fix for now, but not an ideal as a long-term solution. 

Hope this idea is helpful!

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Mobile

For more information, please read through the Canvas Teacher Release Notes (iOS 1.12)

24 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

The syllabus can be viewed and edited in the app. This change allows instructors to be able to edit the syllabus from their devices.

For more information, please read through the Canvas Teacher Release Notes (iOS 1.12).

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed