I do not have the option to submit a ticket and I need one.

Jump to solution
RochelleHolland
Community Member

I have an "optional" assignment from the last term showing up in my Canvas mobile app that will not go away. The app has it listed on the "To Do" list and I am unable to remove it. I have contacted the ASU help desk, they said they have no authority to help with Canvas, only Instructure can help with Canvas. I tried contacting my professor to have her "grade" the assignment, hoping that would remove it. It did not. I have searched the Canvas help guides for both the desktop version and the mobile app., I could not find the answer I needed to help me nor could I find a submit button to create a ticket. The instructions in the Canvas guides do not match my desktop Canvas or the mobile app. At this point, I just want it to go away out of frustration and annoyance. Send help! I am not ok! 😂

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
cstrikwerda
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @RochelleHolland 

Thanks for posting in the Community.

It sounds like you have an optional assignment showing on your To Do List and we want to help. First, I would make sure that you are using the most updated version of the app. For iOS applications we are on Version 6.15.2 of the Canvas Student app. You can check which version you are on in the left side menu bar. 

We can reset cache on next launch in the iOS version as well which could help. So I would try this first: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Student-iOS-Guide/What-Student-app-options-can-I-manage-fr...

After resetting cache and checking to make sure you are on the most updated version of the app, try to mark the To Do list item as Done by using these steps:
https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Student-iOS-Guide/How-do-I-view-the-To-Do-List-in-the-Stud...

If you are still having difficulty, and your institutions Help Menu does not have a Canvas Chat or Email option, try reaching out to support@instructure.com to create a ticket and attach those screenshots showing that To Do List Item, and we would be glad to assist further at seeing why that would still be showing if you are unsuccessful at removing it.

View solution in original post