Videos not playing on iPad

Jump to solution
Paigeywat
Community Novice

I was able to watch the embedded videos for my courses just a few days ago, on the app, on my iPad. Now, when I’m trying to play a video in the app, it loads forever and never actually plays, but the image is there. Also tried logging in from a browser on my iPad, Chrome and Safari and it’s the same thing. Working fine from my laptop though. I would love it if I could play these videos from my iPad so I can travel and study more freely.

1 Solution
greydon
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello @Paigeywat 

If the videos work on a browser and were working on your tablet until recently, it is likely your device. You should try clearing the cache and cookies first. Either on your browser or the app:

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots 
Click settings and then Clear browsing data.
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks 
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data.

If you are using the Canvas app currently we also recommend doing the same thing:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Student-iOS-Guide/What-Student-app-options-can-I-manage-fr... 

View solution in original post

0 Likes