thall14
Community Member

Has anyone had difficulty getting the 3 dots on the module page to work? I'm trying to edit and delete some of the pages. I can usually do this by clicking the 3 dots, but they don't always work. Any ideas? 

2 Solutions
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @thall14 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with using the three  dots in Canvas. It is likely your internet browser and we recommend clearing the cache and cookies or trying another browser.

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots
Click settings
On the left, choose Privacy and Security
Then, clear browsing data
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data.

If that doesn't work, have you tried another browser, device, or even wifi?  If they still aren't working as intended, you should speak with canvas support.

Because of the complexity of the issue, and the concerns for privacy, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello everyone...

I was recently made aware that Instructure is aware of the issue, and it looks like they are planning to deploy a fix for this on October 12, 2022 ... per this document:

3 Dots / "Kabob" on Modules and Assignments index ... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

...so, please hang on just for just a few more days, and hopefully things should be resolved on the 12th.

View solution in original post