A error of Turnitin/Feedback Studio happened when I logged in as a Student

Jump to solution
kunikotakahashi
Community Participant

I have successfully added the external app Turnitin/Feedback Studio into our CanvasLMS. And it looks normal when I used the teacher's account. And there's a expected error occurred when I click the button "Test Student" just as the description of Community: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-view-a-course-as-a-test-student-using-S...

However, When logging in with actual student accounts, the student interface displays the same error message —— "Sorry, we could not process your request. We can't find a valid email address for you. Set your email address in your learning management system(LMS), then try again."

I'm wondering what situations may lead to this kind of error when I log in as a students. We login with the method of SSO authentication, so it's wired about the invalid email address error.

Does anyone know about this error? Thank you very much!

0 Likes
1 Solution
JamesSekcienski
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kunikotakahashi,

That would be an expected error message for a Test Student since they don't have an email address: Turnitin LTI Error - Field "lis_person_contact_email_primary" is not a valid email address 

However, if you are seeing this issue with all student accounts, you may want to confirm that they have valid primary email addresses set and that the LTI isn't configured to be anonymous based on the support article above.  For this issue, it would also be good to reach out to Turnitin Technical Support if you don't see any issues with the email addresses for students nor the LTI settings.  They will be better prepared to assist you with specific issues/errors regarding the integration with your Canvas instance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes