A quiz has submitted without my file upload. What will I do?

Jump to solution
bee_morada
Community Member

I am a college student who had to take a timed Canvas quiz that only required a file upload. The thing is, I am able to finish answering the quiz, but I had rushed to fix my file for submission, causing my time to ultimately run out. Immediately after, I emailed my professor regarding this and I was given an extension to submit the file. Unfortunately, as soon as I visited the quiz page, I cannot open the quiz again to upload my file; and Canvas has already marked my quiz as "Submitted". I raised the concern to my professor and he replied that some classmates of mine had a similar case and were able to upload their files. How is this possible? As far as I know, I was not able to submit anything yet Canvas marked it as "Submitted". What should I do?

0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @bee_morada 

If the time limit expired and the attempt has been automatically submitted already,  you (the student )cannot do anything more with the attempt even if the instructor adds more time to it.  The only way you'll be able  to attach a file to the quiz now is if the instructor gives you an additional attempt.

View solution in original post

0 Likes