AICC Via Canvas

Jump to solution
Depski
Community Member

Hello everyone. I am struggling to find a solution to my problem with an AICC course I need to make available to our learners. I have no experience with AICC, and I'm not even sure I fully understand what my problem even is.

Now, I know Canvas doesn't support AICC, so I'm trying to find another way of making the AICC content available through Canvas. I was given a document that goes over integration, but I cannot make any sense of what it's saying nor can other IDs on campus, OR Canvas Support. From what I've been told by our vendor, I need to setup a URL to their cloud server. Again, not even sure if that's right, this is just what I'm working with.

We want don't want learners to have to login to multiple portals and jump between environments. We want it all to happen in Canvas. I could easily link to the course portal, but that isn't what I'm trying for.

Does anyone know if a method or integration exists that is going to allow learners to access an AICC course via Canvas?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@Depski, Canvas is set up to do what you want using an LTI integration that could then be added as an external app. There are ways to passthrough user authentication so that students would not have to log in twice (though they probably have to connect their external app and Canvas user accounts at least once). It's possible that your Canvas environment is set up so that only system administrators can install external apps.

View solution in original post