Access Denied for User Profile

Jump to solution
JarredLambert
Community Member

I am an Account Administrator for the top tier account for a Canvas instance and am unable to access a user profile. When I originally tried searching for the user profile using the SIS ID, email or name there were no results returned.

I then thought that the profile may have been deleted, so I performed a user report export from provisioning reports and searched for the student in the exported file. I was able to locate the student and noticed that their status is active.

I then went directly to their user profile by using their canvas_user_id in the URL and was met with an access denied page. I tried reimporting the student profile via an SIS import with the status set as active, but still the same outcome.

I'm not sure why I wouldn't be able to access the student. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Steph_T
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello! @JarredLambert 

You may want to use the Help! button found in Canvas, and contact Support directly. This appears to be something Support would need to look further into. As long as you have access to account or Sub Account and have permissions to view People, you should not be seeing this message. 

Does the error appear after you clear your browser's cache and cookies? 

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns! 

View solution in original post