Accessing a new course

Jump to solution
AliFazel
Community Novice

I have a new course that my team have created and we want to open it up to anyone who wishes to participate in it and I am unsure what the best way to give access to people would be. 

If we just share it as an open-access link, I am not sure if learners will be able to complete quizzes on that we have created. I think this may only be possible for those with log ins - is that right? 

Is there other ways we can go about this? Giving learners log ins is a manual process at my institutions and IT have said that would not be a sustainable solution. 

Is there any way at all that learners might register on canvas directly for the course but somehow we can keep track of who is signing up? 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
emily_beckman
Community Contributor

Hi @AliFazel ,

It's hard to answer part of your question without knowing your account type (free/paid) and how you are currently using Canvas but I'll do my best to help you.

Who are you wanting to participate - students, teachers, admin, or employees? Who has accounts? Did you guys use a Free-for-Teacher instance or do you have a paid instance? You can upload a file with user account details and then use that same file to enroll them in your course. Or you can have your course be a self-enrollment course. 

It sounds like you would like users to self-enroll in the course. You first need to make sure that your instance allows this. Please review How do I enable Self Enrollment in an Account.

Then you will need to make sure you have the course setting turned on and you can make it so users need a join code - How do I enable course self-enrollment via join code.

Reply if you have more details or questions.

View solution in original post