Accordion Navigation menu

Jump to solution
RussellPlayer
Community Member

I am looking to utilise an Accordion menu in my pages, however I am looking for a way to use the same menu in each page without having to copy the HTML code into each individual page...

I used to be able to do this sort of thing using frames, but as that has been superseded I was hoping someone may have a technique for this.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi again, @RussellPlayer ...

ok.  So I don't think that anything exists where you could have a menu like yours automatically appear on every page of your course without you having to paste in your code.  (I'm also not sure how much work you'd have to do if you ever added or removed any pages from your course...if your menu system automagically knows there have been changes and that the menu should update accordingly?  If so, that would be cool!)

The reason I asked about Cidi Labs and their DesignPLUS product is because they have a "Side Navigation" option in their DesignPLUS sidebar.  I'm not sure how familiar you are with DesignPLUS, but I thought I'd provide a handful of screenshots:

DP_1.pngDP_2.pngDP_3.pngDP_4.png

The first picture shows where to access the "Side Navigation" item.  The second lets you choose if you want the menu to display only navigation for the page you are on, for the entire module, or for your entire course.  The third and fourth pictures show what it looks like when the page is saved.  It's actually a little button you click on and then the menu pops out from the right side of the page.

It's pretty easy to add to your course, but you do have to add it per page...as far as I know.  But, you wouldn't have to paste any code to the page, because DesignPLUS takes care of all that...and I think it would automagically update if you added/deleted any pages later on.

Hope this helps in some way!

View solution in original post

0 Likes