Adding Calendar to Google Calendar (Error)

Jump to solution
Kristine6775
Community Member

I would like to add my canvas calendar to google calendar but it won't work. I open canvas & go to my calendar and click the link that is provided and go to google calendar and add it by URL but nothing shows up. I would like to know if this is an issue on my side (a student) or if this is an issue through canvas & google calendar syncing. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @Kristine6775 

Thank you for contacting the Instructure Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with syncing your Google calendar. You should be able to do this by going to the calendar first in Canvas, generating the URL, then adding it to your calendar in Google. Here is the Canvas guide:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Student-Guide/How-do-I-subscribe-to-the-Calendar-feed-using-Googl...

If this isn't working, It is likely your internet browser and we recommend clearing the cache and cookies or trying another browser.

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots
Click settings
On the left, choose Privacy and Security
Then, clear browsing data
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes