Adding Imported Content to an Existing Template

Jump to solution
gbacha
Community Member

Hi all - this is a Canvas/CidiLabs question. Currently I am trying to import course materials from another already established course into a new course with a template I designed through CidiLabs. When I'm designing a page I set the template on the page through Copy Existing Content. However when I then go to Copy Existing Content and try to import information from an existing course onto my template, the template goes away. It's like they both cannot exist together, it has to be one of the other. Ideally the course information would just insert onto the template. Is there a way to implement course content into a template without one "taking over" the other? Or is my best bet to copy and paste everything into the template, thus making brand new pages. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @gbacha ...

When I have questions about Cidi Labs Design Tools, I've been utilizing their support website, and they have been very helpful.  Have you tried reaching out to them via that method?  Support - Cidi Labs Tools for the Instructional Designer

Would be interesting to hear what you find out after they've worked with you...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post