Adding/Revising Tab on Left Side of Canvas Screen

Jump to solution
JessicaJessee
Community Novice

How can I add or revise one of the "permanent" tabs on left (Home, Announcements, Syllabus, People Grades, etc.) ? We have an ebook that requires a link to access, and the current Macmillan Learning tab does not connect the students with that (they have to go to Announcements, where I posted the link, or to Syllabus and then the Text section, to access the ebook). I would like to either add a stand-alone EBOOK LINK tab or change the URL for the existing Macmillan Learning tab to actually take students to the ebook access link. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
gmateo
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @JessicaJessee,

Happy to help! Here is a great guide that you can follow to update your course navigation. You can hide or disable those "permanent" tabs.

One caveat to call out in that guide is: The following course navigation links will still be visible to instructors even if they have been hidden or disabled: Home, Announcements, Assignments, Collaborations, Conferences, Discussions, Files, Grades, Modules, Outcomes, Pages, People, Quizzes, Rubrics, Settings, and Syllabus.

For the Macmillan Learning tab, if it is not linking to exactly what you are looking for, I recommend connecting with your Canvas Administrators. There is a redirect tool available in the EduApp center that can be leveraged to link to a specific page but depending on your Canvas configuration, it may not be available.

View solution in original post