Adding different passwords to quizzes for different sections in cross linked classes

Jump to solution
BruceMayhue
Community Member

I have cross linked multiple sections of classes that meet at different times to make my life easier. I have created online quizzes and would like to use the same one for each section, but I would like for them to only be able to open it via password. Since the classes are cross linked, is there a way to use multiple passwords - one for each section? Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @BruceMayhue,

There is not currently a great way to do this for either Classic Quizzes or New Quizzes...  There is a potentially messy workaround though.  When you first set up the quiz, instead of making it available to "everybody", just make it available to the earliest section that will take it.  The set your passcode and give it to the students at the appropriate time.  Then after they are all done taking the quiz, change the passcode and add the second section to the assign-to area (but leave the first there as well).  You can give that section the new passcode at the right time.  Repeat this until every section is done.  This will only work if the sections days/times never overlap and students have to take the quiz in a short window, but if your course meets those conditions, you could try it out.

Hope this helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post