Adding student emails

Jump to solution
NicoleRoselund
Community Member

I am building an e-learning course on Canvas for parents at a K-12 school and need to be able to add their email addresses before they create a Canvas account (one topic of the course).  This is my Capstone for my Masters in Education Technology and Instructional Design.

I have tried two times to add the Stakeholder (the teacher I am designing this course for) to test the content, it says the invite is still pending, but I can't find it anywhere. She has not received either email.

What am I doing wrong?

I need to get this sorted out before we recruit the students for the course, as I have to either be able to input their emails or send the course to them personally.

Help!

Thank you!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
JennyDruckrey
Community Explorer

So-- if you're adding the teacher as a student, make sure the course is published-- the email invites will not show until after publishing the course.

As far as having a Canvas account before adding users to the course, that would depend on your Canvas instance setup.  I'm not familiar with what options the free version of Canvas allows, and with a paid version, you should reach out to your Canvas administrator to see how your system is configured.  

You might also have the option of sharing the course as a "public" course which anyone can access via a link without a Canvas account, however, participants are not enrolled or tracked in the course.

View solution in original post