Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

A few of the students for a class I TA for have asked to retake quizzes as practice for an upcoming exam. Is there any built in feature in Canvas that allows me to reopen quizzes that give correct answer feedback without it affecting their original g...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Based on what I have read, it seems as though there is no limit on the maximum number of assignments within a course, but it rather depends on the file storage available. For this course, the file storage is set at 3000 megabytes. I am working on a r...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

At my institution, we are moving to a competency-based mode of assessment for many of our courses and have started to use the outcome tool for individual courses. Our intention is to start adding outcomes at the sub-account level and tracking outcome...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HI, if anyone can please respond with an answer, I'd be very grateful. I have an image I want to upload as the thumbnail picture I will see in the Dashboard class tile for a course I am teaching. However, the image is a little too large to fit in the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Whenever I open a Power Point slide on Canvas, there's this wasted white space at the right side of my screen and I really want to expand the "slides screen" all the way to the right edge to not see any wasted space. Is there a way to do it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is Canvas compatible with Opera GX browser ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When grading short answer or essay questions in Quizzes, I have to post the score at the top, but, then click 'Update' at the bottom.  Please either put the score box at the bottom or put the 'Update' button at the top.  Put the fudge point area wher...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have multiple classes that I have to monitor (7 per semester), with the same students. I know how to find each of the students grades within each class, but is there a way for me to select one student and get a list of each class they are assigned ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to create simple instruction documents for students to follow. For example Lasercutter/3D printer guides or creating a  simple book with a printer? Including Images? I thought I will make a course for this guide but maybe there is a ea...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, reaching out about a question that came up from my team about using Canvas for other things than just training. We (Instructors) are looking at getting a dashboard of on-going quality assurance within canvas to track progress of scores. We used C...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi community members!Gradebook correctly notes that one of my students submitted their assignment 0.97 days late, but they still have a green flag next to their grade. It's the student with a 65 in this screenshot:Any tips most welcome on what I need...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-06-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all! On our CANVAS LMS, I used the Classic Quiz to build a Knowledge Check Practice question. The student is able to open other knowledge quizzes but for some reason knowledge this chapter Quiz 1 they can't open it! I have attached some images. Th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi AllI am using the current Classic Quiz interface (rocket ship icon white)I did an update to one quiz question but some students did not see it change when they logged on.I assume they are being directed to the old link prior to the update. So I su...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hello, every time i record a media for my class and click save, it does not upload to my mac-book.  I have followed the instructions and have no resolution.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recorded my lecture today on Canvas and all day, this is the message I get:Your media has been uploaded and will appear here after processing...This is from 12 noon to the present time...3:54 PM...I checked my files and I have more than ample space...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi I am a student at a uni and can't seem to be able to see the new semester units that I am enrolled in for this year and most of my mates can see theirs on Canvas. My uni starts next week and I will need to start work ahead of time can you HELP?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a student. I was working on an assignment, but it locked before I could finish it. After my instructor reopens it, will the assignment recover the saved text box submission draft? Is there any way to recover the saved draft as a student before my...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I know how to create a peer review assignment and that I need to create a No Submission assignment for them so I can assign a grade for their completion of Peer Reviews.  However, I don't want to merely assign a pass/fail grade.  Instead, I want to b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I use the comment library every day. I love it... After several years I've accrued 70+ comments! However, I need a way to FIND all comments with a specific word/keyword in order to prune duplicate or similar comments. No links, nor in searching the h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I view all students in the grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have done all the steps to load into google drive. The google drive has access and it is linked properly but when I go and try to open the modules this is what the link opens up to. I don't know what to do.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to set up a quiz when only one or two students are required to have a code to access a quiz and the rest of the class does not?     I have a couple students with proctoring requirements and I want to limit their access to the quiz.  I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,We are trying to figure out a way to make a check appear in the gradebook when a video, uploaded as an assignment, has been watched. I've tried an LTI (H5p) with mixed success.Any suggestions for Canvas alone? Thanks,Elizabeth

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I just need help logging into my canvas account

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It seems that neither I nor the student can delete old submissions. This is a video assignment, and she has uploaded twice. (The student was modifying her video and resubmitting before the due date.) Now, she is saying Canvas will not let her upload ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I understand how to change notifications settings, as an instructor teaching three courses (over 100 students), I don't want to get an email every time a student completes an assignment. Which setting do shut off? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Using Powershell. I can get a list of 851 enrolled users in this course and section:$result = Invoke-RestMethod -Method GET -uri "https://XXXX.instructure.com/api/v1//courses/508/sections/579" -header $headers -body @{include = "students";enrollment_...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student reported that she couldn't answer any of the matching questions on a Canvas test because when she clicked on the drop-down menus next to the questions, the answer choices flickered, and she couldn't select an answer.Is this a known issue in...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm a high school teacher of a year-long course where grades reset at the beginning of each new semester. I am able to see scores for only semester 2 in the 'regular' (points-based) gradebook, but can't figure out how to do this in the learning maste...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies