Announcements Are Single-Spacing

Jump to solution
davidgs
Community Participant

In the current iteration of my Canvas course, announcements are suddenly single-spacing rather than double-spacing. To be more precise, they are dropping the blank line between paragraphs. I have to enter an extra return to create the proper space between paragraphs.

I am hitting 'enter,' not 'shift + enter,' after each paragraph in the rich content editor, so that's not causing the single-spacing.

How do I add and modify text in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor? does not seem to address this issue.

Ideas?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
gnoack
Community Champion

Hi @davidgs 

I have had this happen, and it is usually because I pasted text from another document or website. I suspect you have some funky html coding happening in the background.  I would first try to 'Remove Text Formatting'.  Select all, then click the button that has a T and an eraser going across it.  See this guide. 

How do I add and modify text in the Rich Content E... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

If that doesn't work, copy your text into a basic text editor such as Notepad, and then paste back into Canvas.  That will remove any formatting being copied into the RCE. 

If that fails, you can google strip html to find an online tool that will strip your text of any html code. One example, https://www.striphtml.com/

View solution in original post