Anyway to undo the filter system in gradebook?

Jump to solution
wroakley
Community Member

So Canvas "updated" the gradebook to this new filter system, and I really hate it. It doesn't work half the time, and when they're not loading it displays the grades for the entire year for all my students.

Just want to know if I can "undo" this update, or when anyone expects them to get the filters fixed so they load when you click on them.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

@wroakley The new filters are a feature option, they are not forced on unless your Canvas admin for your institution turned them on and locked it (which it sounds like they at least turned them on since I am guessing you would not ask how to turn them off it you are who turned it on as you would just undo the toggle you used to turn them on). 

If you go to your course Settings and then click on the "Feature Options" tab, there is one for the new gradebook filters.  If you are allowed to, just toggle it off and that will take you back to the old filters.  If you are unable to toggle it off, please reach out to whoever is your institutions Canvas admin and ask them to unlock it so it can be toggled.  May also want to alert them of your issues so they are aware for other faculty.

Our CSM told us that these are still very much in beta and Canvas is looking for feedback in this user. group:  Gradebook Filters - Instructure Community  

Hope that helps!

-Nick

View solution in original post