Assign Peer Review Shuffle

Jump to solution
FYW_Asst_Dir
Community Member

Students are submitting papers for peer review late and finding they have no peer reviews assigned to them.

So . . . I hit "assign peer reviews."

I have 100 students, so I can't really tell if those how have not completed peer reviews have been shuffled a new set to review after I do that?

Are they?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Steven_S
Community Champion

I believe that all it does is assign another review to the late student. If you had multiple late submissions you could expect that the late submissions were assigned to review each other's work without any change to the on-time reviews.

If you only have one late student, clicking the assign button that might mean an earlier student gets reviewed twice and the late student might not get reviewed at all. In that case I would change the assignment manually for this one student and any other who has not begun their review yet.  You can note the student's name that is already assigned to one student, use the trash can to remove that assignment, assign the late student's submission instead, and then assign the one whose name you noted to be reviewed by the late student. 

What I do to avoid the problem is lock late submissions with an until date two days after the due date, and set the automatic review assignment to be distributed very shortly after that until date locks the assignment. 

View solution in original post