Assignment settings guides

Jump to solution
dm200400600
Community Participant

Hi, can anyone help to signpost a guide that explains the Assignment settings? I can see the following:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-create-an-assignment/ta-p/740

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-set-a-default-grade-for-an-assignment-i... 

But the first where I'd expect to see a bullet list explanation of the various settings is more like a scenario. I'd like to send a link to a Teacher to clearly explain the difference of Points, Assignment Groups, Display, the implications of clicking "Do not count to grade", the submission types. 

I know the answers to all of these are probably in the forum or possibly within other guides but I've not been able to find a list type guide.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @dm200400600 -

I believe the How do I add or edit details in an assignment? guide will help you! After reviewing this resource, if you have any follow-up questions, or if you're looking for clarification on any of its contents, please let the Community know!

View solution in original post

@dm200400600 ...

Directly under the paragraph that you referenced, there is a short paragraph (Note) giving an example of an assignment worth 10 points.  You are correct that the Guide that @KristinL provided for you doesn't specifically address (in detail) all those choices you mentioned.  However, if you feel that the Guide could use some clarification and/or additions to it that would help you and others, you always have the option of making suggestions for the Documentation Team to review and consider adding to the Guide.  Almost at the very bottom of any Guide in the Community (above the dark blue section at the bottom of the Guide), you'll find a blue button to "Leave Feedback".  This will open up a form window on the page where you can make suggestions.  This is the best way to give you feedback directly to the Documentation Team at Instructure.

I hope this will help a bit.  Sing out if you have other questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post