Assignments are in speedgrader but not gradebook

Jump to solution
KathrynAbdallah
Community Member

When I have made assignments and graded them in speedgrader they are not showing up in my gradebook. It is getting extremely frustrating. I finally found a youtube video from 2016 that says they have to have a due date that is already passed to show up in gradebook-if this is true, that is insane!!

Why would I not be able to message students about what they have not done from the gradebook screen before it is due?? But also, I do not always use due dates-so this is extremely inconvenient! Is there no other way to get them to show up in gradebook??

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @KathrynAbdallah 

All graded content, Quizzes, Assignments and Graded Discussions, create a gradebook column upon creation, even unpublished items. Whatever you found from 2016 was incorrect. I have used Canvas since 2012, and it has always worked that way.

And, if you grade an assignment in SpeedGrader, the grade always displays in the Gradebook unless a posting policy has been set. You may have inadvertently enabled a posting policy, but the assignment should still have a column in the gradebook. These guides cover posting policies:

The issue of no column is not answered by posting policies though, so I would suggest submitting a support ticket. Go to Help, then choose "Report a Problem".

Good luck,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes